You know it’s time to start bicycle commuting when:
- The price of gas makes you cringe every time you fill up your car
- You want to reduce your carbon footprint, because every bit counts
- You can’t stand watching old ladys with walkers pass you as you sit in gridlock traffic
- You made a New Year’s resolution to get into shape but lack the time for a traditional workout
- Saving money puts a smile on your face
- You’re ready for an enjoyable and stress-free commute to work
- You believe that your actions can make the world a better place
- Paying for gas and repairs and insurance and wear and tear and… you get the picture but it bums you out
- You’ve had to take out a line of credit to keep your car running
- All of the above.
If you’ve answered yes or heck yes to any or all of the above questions, it’s time to throw your leg over a bike and start commuting to work! If you haven’t answered « yes » why not start bicycle commuting anyways and then re-do the survey (you’ll probably answer « yes » to at least some of the above).
Either way, read on to find out just how easy it is to start bicycle commuting. (PDF Link)
Tags: Commuting, Commuting Guide, How to